How do I set up a proxy on Windows 10?
Windows 10, like previous versions of Microsoft’s operating system, allows users to set up proxy servers to manage their Internet connection. Proxy servers can be useful in a variety of situations, including providing anonymity, bypassing geographical restrictions, and improving online security. In this article, we’ll look at how to set up a proxy on Windows 10.
Setting up a proxy on Windows 10 is pretty simple. Follow these steps:
- Open settings: Click «Start» and select «Settings» (gear icon).
- Go to «Network and Internet»: In the settings window, select «Network and Internet».
- Select «Proxy» from the left menu: Select «Proxy» on the left side of the window.
- Configure the proxy: In the «Manual Proxy Setup» section, enable «Use proxy server» and enter the address and port of the proxy server. You may also need to enter a user name and password if they are required to connect to the proxy server.
- Save your changes: After making all the settings, click «Save».
Your computer will now use the proxy server you specified for your Internet connection. Remember that proxy settings can be different depending on your needs. You can use paid proxy servers or set up your own proxy server for increased security and anonymity.
Setting up a proxy on Windows 10 is a useful way to manage your Internet connection. It can provide anonymity, help you bypass geographical restrictions, and increase your online security. Follow the instructions above to set up proxies on your device and enjoy all the benefits they provide.